Saturday, February 16, 2008

So, it seems like my blog and i have taken somewhat of a "break" from each other, which really means that i just haven't had anything interesting to write about, and in a lot of instances, i did, and i just didn't take the time to blog it. Anyway, i think we're on good terms again, though i still don't have anything interesting to say.

For a while my crazy shopping and supply sourcing habits got out of hand. AKA- I spent more time searching and hoarding as opposed to actually using what i have. So, i was in search of neat things and found them, which only made me want to keep searching and searching. Luckily, things have calmed down and i'm ready to dive into my supplies and start making making making again! Crossyourfingersforme!

Aside from the fabric and shopping addiction, i'm becoming slowly addicted to Seeqpod, and MAJORLY addicted to watching Kids, Incorporated song covers on Youtube.



Do you remember that show? I watched me a ton of this show when i was a teeny little kid in the 80's, and i think i love it as much as i did back then. And not in the "so bad, it's good" kind of way, either. Sadly, i find them genuinely entertaining, if only because it reminds me of being a kid and having fun and not giving a sh!t. (I'm also a sucker for 80's whatev, so really, don't trust my judgement.) The show continued into the 90's, but turned into a total suckfest...like, in the "so bad it's just...bad" kind of way.

So yeah, here are two favorites:

1. "He Could Be the One" by Josie Cotton-


2. "Cool Places" by Sparks w/Jane Wiedlin of The Go-Go's-

4 comments:

Agent M. said...

I RAN to the tv for my afternoon dose of Kids Inc. everyday afterschool (late eighties). It's all about Martika!

K-I-D-S!
We're gonna have fun!

Oh I wish they'd release a best of; I would love to relish in the cheesey glam!

Agent M. said...

cheesy? cheesey? It looks odd. I need spellcheck available to me at ALL times.

Unknown said...

OMG!!!
Me and my band watch Kids Incorporated videos on youtube ALL the time! Their dance moves are amazing!! My favourite is the You Spin Me video, it's totally off the chain! xoxo kit

[m]! said...

Katie- i would DIE if they released Kids Inc. on DVD! And Martika's the best!

Kit- i'm so glad to hear you're a Kids Inc. fan as well, and You Spin Me is another one of my faves! Yes!