Monday, January 26, 2009

A Late Entry into the New Year

It's 2009, can you believe it?! Okay, so it's been 2009 for almost an entire month now, but whatever. I sort of fell off the face of the blogosphere, and i don't really have an excuse for it. I'm a woman of few words, anyway. I have way too much stuff, so I've been spending a lot time purging my closets for stuff i no longer need. When i think i'm all done, i go back again and find more stuff, and i've been doing this since early December.

Until recently, i haven't stepped foot in a thrift store since August or September and vowed not to do so until i got rid of all of my unwanted stuff. If you check out my favorites on Etsy, you can see that most of it is all vintagey/thrifty stuff, so i was sort of torturing myself until i couldn't take it anymore. I'm trying to be more selective, though, and am trying my hardest to stay away from useless, albeit cutesy knick knacks that really serve no purpose.

I've also been working on stuff for myself, which is a rare occurrence. Mainly making and altering clothing and hitting up pattern sales to save and make in the future.

Baby Grand Piano Pouch- Gray Floral


As mentioned in my last post, i completed some new screenprinted keyboards and boomboxes and they're now available in the shop. I also finished up a new batch of Baby Grand Piano Pouches, which can also be found on Etsy. There's one Baby Grand that i've yet to list, and it's made from a gray and white floral blazer that my mom used to wear in the 80's. To keep, or not to keep?

These and other items will be available next Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday!) at the R5 Punk Rock Flea Market @ The Electric Factory in Philadelphia. If you're in the area, you should stop by!

1 comment:

StickyKitten said...

Oh-so-glad to have you back in the blogshere, Michelle!
(I love other people named Michelle!)